This session will focus on IEP development, targeting selected sections at various sessions. Teachers will have the opportunity to discuss and collaborate on how to develop a compliant and meaningful IEP.
AM and PM sessions are available for each date. Attendance at only one session is necessary. Intervention Specialists who teach in public schools in Fulton, Henry, Williams and Defiance counties will benefit.
- November 7, 2018 will cover Section 6 of the IEP: present levels of performance, goal development and progress reports.
- December 5, 2018 will cover Positive Behavior Interventions and De-escalation Techniques. Educators can proactively address potentially challenging situations with students. We will review positive approaches to working with students who may be dealing with trauma and challenging behavioral patterns. We will also review de-escalation techniques that are effective in diffusing potentially challenging situations.
- February 6, 2019 will focus on Age-Appropriate Transition Assessments, Transition Services/Activities and a closer examination of the Transition Progress report. This session will provide additional guidance, collaboration and resources on the topic of transition. Middle and high school teachers (teachers of transition-age students), in particular, will benefit from this session.
Topics for future Teacher Talks will be announced at a later date.
- The session will begin promptly. Arrive 15 minutes in advance to get settled and check-in.
- Registration is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance for CEUs.
- Light snacks and beverages are available for purchase on-site.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please email email@example.com.
- To register for other upcoming PD at NwOESC, visit www.nwoesc.org/ProfessionalDevelopment.aspx.