Dear Water Polo Teams:
This is your official invitation to the MASON WATER POLO INVITATIONAL 2022!!
The dates/time are as follows:
· August 19th, 2022 4pm-10pm
· August 20th 2022 7am-10pm
Location: Mason High School Natatorium, 6100 S. Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, Ohio 45040
NOTE: Teams should enter at the Natatorium/Theater entrance.
Important Details to Note:
The Mason Invitational is taking on a NEW look this year with TWO exciting parts to the competition:
· Part I: Division Game Play:
· 12 Teams, 2 Divisions (space is limited to 12 teams ONLY)
· 5 games EACH team.
· 10 minute halves
· Top Team from each division advances to the championship match. Tie breaker after wins will be head to head. Next tie breaker is goal differential.
· Part II: SHOOT-OUT TOURNAMENT
· Single elimination
· ALL TEAMS will play
· 14 field players shoot for each team
· Last shot - Goalie vs Goalie "Stand-off.” Both Goalies start with ball in hand at goal. 10 second shot clock. The first one to make a shot gets that point. May advance the ball during the shot clock window.
NOTE: This is a Boys Varsity ONLY event. It is our hope by offering a Shoot-Out style of play, in addition to division play, that it will add an extra level of excitement and fun to the already competitive play as all 12 teams will be present during the Shoot-Out portion.
Sample Tournament Timeline (times may be tweaked slightly)
Friday, August 19
Saturday, August 20
COST: $250 per team, includes up to 4 Invitational shirts for coaches. Opportunity to purchase Invitational Shirts for the team will be offered on a presale basis. Shirt ordering information will be sent at a later date.
POOL: 25 yard – 6 LANE WIDE – DEEP GOALS.
GAMES: 10:00 minute halves. 3:00 minute halftime break. If games are tied at the end of regulation , we will go to a shoot-out.
SHOT CLOCKS: TWO (2) SHOT CLOCKS WILL BE USED.
TIME-OUTS: TWO (2) 1:00 TIME-OUTS PER GAME.
ADMISSIONS: ADULTS - $10.00 / STUDENTS - $5.00 (K - 12TH)
SENIOR CITIZENS (62+) - $5.00
CONCESSIONS: FULL CONCESSION STAND WILL BE AVAILABLE.
ROSTERS: PLEASE make sure the online roster is up to date.
Questions should be directed to Mason Head Coach, Adam Livingston,