Facilitated by Dr. Terry Higgins and Dr. Carla Higgins of Defiance College
This session will focus on K-2 Literature, Informational Text and Foundations. The intent is that there will be extensive hands-on application interactions and collaboration around the following topics:
- Connecting ELA to the Model Curriculum
- Strategies and Supports used in K-2 Classrooms
- Assessment that Reveals Students' Developmental Levels
- Balanced Literacy
Please join us for more from this Literacy Series!
- September 20 - K-2 Reading, Literature and Foundations
- October 4 - Grades 3-5 Literature and Informational Text
- October 8 - K-2 Writing and Language
- October 12 - Grades. 6-12 Literacy in the Content Area
- October 29 - Grades 3-5 Writing and Language
- November 20 - Grades 6-12 Literacy in the Content Area
Lunch will be on your own. Vending machines are available on-site for light snacks and beverages.