Keep yourself in the driver's seat this summer. Experience hours for credit directed by you! And gain 15 hours toward gifted certification completed BEFORE school starts! Sign up for the Summer 2019 Online Gifted Book Study.
Differentiation & the Brain: How Neuroscience Supports the Learner-Friendly Classroom (2nd edition) by David A. Sousa and Carol Ann Tomlinson. Facilitated by Mary Brandon, Gifted Teacher and Consultant.
This book study will begin Monday, June 3, 2019 and end Monday, August 5, 2019. The book for this study can be found online (use ISBN# 987-1-945349-52-2) or ask to borrow the book from a colleague at your school who participated in the study during the school-year.
This online gifted book study is an opportunity for you to reflect through reading and written response if certain curricular, instructional and assessment choices are effective in light of current educational neuroscience research findings. The authors emphasize teaching smarter - not harder - while making suggestions on how to better meet the needs of your increasingly diverse students. The book will be divided into eight reading assignments with choices of response-prompts, which you will post in Google Classroom so others in the study will be able to comment or ask questions.
Just think! From the comfort of your own space, in your town time - possibly poolside - earn 15 hours toward your Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) development in Gifted Education. Invite a colleague and take the study together!
One hour of college credit is available through Ashland University; a one to two page reflection on the book is required to received credit. Contact Kris Dobbelaere (email@example.com) for more details.
- Registration closes for this book study June 2, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Registration is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance for CEUs/LPDC. The course must be completed by the end date to receive your certificate. No exceptions.
- If you already completed this course last school-year, it cannot be repeated for credit hours. Registrations will be closely monitored.
- An additional Summer Book Study covering Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom is also available to register at www.locallevelevents.com/events/details/6951.
- Please direct any questions to facilitator Mary Brandon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to cancel your registration, please email email@example.com.
- To register for other upcoming PD at NwOESC, visit www.nwoesc.org/ProfessionalDevelopment.aspx.