Keep yourself in the driver's seat this summer. Experience hours for credit directed by you! And gain 15 hours toward gifted certification completed BEFORE school starts! Sign up for the Summer 2019 Online Gifted Book Study.
Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom (4th edition) by Thomas Armstrong. Facilitated by Mary Brandon, Gifted Teacher and Consultant.
This book study will begin Monday, June 3, 2019 and end Monday, August 5, 2019. The book for our study can be found online (use ISBN# 987-1-4166-2509-4) or ask to borrow the book from a colleague at your school who participated in the study during the school-year.
This online gifted book study features Howard Gardner's multiple intelligence (MI) theory, and includes strategies and examples that you can tailor to your teaching assignment. The author, Thomas Armstrong, offers practical applications for your classroom. The book will be divided into nine reading assignments. You will post your responses to the reading in Google Classroom, so other like-minded teachers in the study will have access and be able to comment and ask questions. Ideas from colleagues in the ESC network are extremely helpful.
As is so important for teachers in the summer months, this book study affords you the comfort of your own space, in your own time, and earns 15 hours toward your highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) development in Gifted Education. Invite a colleague and take the study together!
One hour of college credit is available through Ashland University; a one to two page reflection on the book is required to received credit. Contact Kris Dobbelaere ([email protected]) for more details.
- Registration closes for this book study June 2, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Registration is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance for CEUs/LPDC. The course must be completed by the end date to receive your certificate. No exceptions.
- If you already completed this course last school-year, it cannot be repeated for credit hours. Registrations will be closely monitored.
- An additional Summer Book Study covering Differentiation & the Brain is also available to register at www.locallevelevents.com/events/details/6980.
- Please direct any questions to facilitator Mary Brandon, [email protected]
- If you need to cancel your registration, please email [email protected]
- To register for other upcoming PD at NwOESC, visit www.nwoesc.org/ProfessionalDevelopment.aspx.